Mysterious Meat Sauce
- 1 cup of onions
- 1 package of ground beef
- 4 ounces of tomato paste
- ¼ tsp of ground cloves
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of allspice
- ¼ tsp of cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp of ground cumin
- ¼ tsp of paprika
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- 2 pinches of salt and pepper
- Diner Style home fries
- 3 peeled potatoes
- 3 Tbsp of white vinegar
- 3 pinches of kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp of butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- A teaspoon of paprika (if desired)
- 1 pinch of pepper
- Macaroni salad
- Cooked and rinsed pasta
- 1 cup of cut carrots
- ½ cup of cut celery
- ½ cup of chopped green onion
- 1 cup of parsley
- ½ cup of peppadew peppers
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- 1 pinch of kosher salt
- 1 pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Two spoonful of mayonnaise
- 1 spoonful of sour cream
- 1 Tbsp of Dijon mustard
- Hot dogs
- Sauté diced onions.
- Take ground beef and place in hot pan and distribute meat evenly. Let sit for 5 minutes or all meat is nice and brown.
- Constantly stir to make sure meat is fully cooked. Scrape the bottom to make sure none gets stuck. Continue to do this until you get crispy brown bits.
- Add your tomato paste and stir around in meat.
- Add your ground cloves, cinnamon, allspice, cayenne pepper, ground cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and stir over medium heat
- Add sautéed onions. No more than 30 seconds per step on steps 5-13
- Deglaze with ½ to full cup of water. Scrape bottom after adding.
- Add pinches of salt and pepper to mix in then set aside.
- First, dice 3 peeled potatoes. Set in pot and cover with cold water and white vinegar and 3 pinches of salt.
- Bring potatoes to boil for 5 minutes.
- Spread on a paper towel lined baking sheet to let cool.
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil into a cast iron skillet. (Cook potatoes in batches to keep from undercooking)
- Add potatoes and let sit for 4 minutes or until potatoes have a golden crust on one side.
- Repeat until potatoes are a golden crispy brown all over.
- While warm, season potatoes with 2 pinches of kosher salt, paprika (if desired), and 2 pinches of freshly ground pepper.
- Toss potatoes to evenly season throughout.
- Cook and rinse chosen pasta.
- In a mixing bowl, add cut carrots, celery, green onion, parsley, peppadew peppers, garlic powder, a pinch of salt and ground pepper, and toss together.
- Add 2 spoonfuls of mayonnaise to pasta.
- Add 1 spoonful of sour cream.
- Add 1 Tbsp of Dijon mustard to pasta.
- Fill half a plate with your home fries and the other half with your fresh pasta salad.
- Cut two hot dogs in half. Place them in pan and place another pan on top. Cook throughly.
- Place hot dogs on top of the plate of home fries and macaroni salad.
- Cover everything in the meat sauce you set aside earlier
- (Optional) Slather with ketchup and yellow mustard.