Mysterious Meat Sauce
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 pinches salt and pepper
Diner Style Home Fries
- 3 peeled potatoes
- 3 Tbsp white vinegar
- 3 pinches kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 pinch osalt
- A teaspoon paprika (if desired)
- 1 pinch pepper
- Cooked and rinsed pasta
- 1 cup cut carrots
- ½ cup cut celery
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup parsley
- ½ cup peppadew peppers
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- Two spoonfuls mayonnaise
- 1 spoonful sour cream
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Hot dogs
- Yellow mustard
- Sauté diced onions until soft. Set aside.
- Take ground beef and place it in a hot pan and distribute meat evenly. Let sit for 5 minutes or until all meat is nice and brown.
- Constantly stir to make sure the meat is fully cooked. Scrape the bottom to make sure none gets stuck. Continue to do this until you get crispy brown bits.
- Add your tomato paste and stir around to combine.
- Add your ground cloves, cinnamon, allspice, cayenne pepper, ground cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and stir over medium heat.
- Add sautéed onions back to pan.
- Deglaze with ½ to 1 cup of water. Scrape bottom after adding.
- Add pinches of salt and pepper to mix in then set aside.
- First, dice 3 peeled potatoes. Set in pot and cover with cold water and add white vinegar and 3 pinches of salt.
- Bring potatoes to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Spread on a paper towel-lined baking sheet to let cool.
- Place 1 Tbsp of butter and 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil into a cast iron skillet. Cook potatoes in batches to keep from undercooking.
- Add potatoes and let sit for 4 minutes or until potatoes have a golden crust on one side.
- Repeat until potatoes are a golden crispy brown all over.
- While warm, season potatoes with 2 pinches of kosher salt, paprika (if desired), and 2 pinches of freshly ground pepper.
- Toss potatoes to evenly season throughout.
- Cook and rinse chosen pasta.
- In a mixing bowl, add cut carrots, celery, green onion, parsley, peppadew peppers, garlic powder, a pinch of salt, ground pepper, and toss together.
- Add 2 spoonfuls of mayonnaise to pasta.
- Add 1 spoonful of sour cream.
- Add 1 Tbsp of Dijon mustard to pasta.
- Fill half a plate with your home fries and the other half with your fresh pasta salad. Continue on to make toppings!
- Cut two hot dogs in half. Place them in a pan and place another pan on top. Cook throughly.
- Place hot dogs on top of the plate of home fries and macaroni salad.
- Cover everything in the meat sauce you set aside earlier.
- (Optional) Slather with ketchup and yellow mustard.