Eleven is a sci-fi heroine with a proclivity for burgers, fries, and above all, America's favorite freezer waffle: Eggos. But when you stack them thrice high, layer them with whipped cream and Hershey kisses, and top with Reese's Pieces and jelly beans - you can summon her from even the angstiest of adolescent protests.
- 2 ½ cups pastry flour
- ½ cup malt powder
- 2 Tbsp cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp buttermilk powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 2 ⅔ cups milk
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- Freeze dried strawberries
- Freeze dried banana
- Freeze dried blueberries
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp white sugar
- Pinch of vanilla paste (or splash of vanilla extract)
- Hot fudge sauce (from Michael Scott Pretzel Episode)
- Peanut butter drizzle (from Michael Scott Pretzel Episode)
Ingredients for syrup:
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Sift pastry flour, malt powder, cornmeal, buttermilk powder, baking soda, salt, white sugar, and active dry yeast packet into a mixing bowl.
- Heat 2 ⅔ cups of milk and ½ cup of canola oil to 110°F and slowly drizzle it into the dry mixture while you stir. Then add 2 eggs and whisk until batter barely comes together. It’s okay if there’s lumps. Let mixture sit for 2 hours.
- For toppings, take freeze dried fruit and place in food processor and process until ground.
- For whipped cream, combine 8 ounces of heavy whipping cream with 2 tsp of white sugar and a pinch of vanilla extract or vanilla paste. Whip until whipped using a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- For maple butter sauce, combine 1 cup of maple syrup with ½ cup of heavy whipping cream and 2 Tbsp of butter in a pot and cook for 5-10 minutes. Be sure to chill completely before serving.
- When batter is done, ladle into a waffle maker and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- On a plate make a circle of hot fudge sauce, peanut butter drizzle, and maple syrup butter sauce. Place a waffle segment on each sauce, top with whipped cream. Dust each waffle with some freeze dried fruit. Strawberry over the chocolate, banana over the peanut butter, and blueberry over the maple syrup. Dig in and enjoy!