I was gonna hold off on making this episode until the new live-action Mulan came out, but principal photography hasn't even started yet, and it's expected to come out in 2020. So as I slowly recover from Vidcon, join me as I make one of the simplest and most essential dishes in our illustrious human history: porridge. Specifically, porridge made from rice, topped with a smiley face bacon-and-eggs affair. Leave it to Mushu.
- 1 cup long grain jasmine rice
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 inch knob of ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, divided
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 green onion
- 2 eggs
- 3 slices bacon
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Sesame seeds
- In a pressure cooker, combine 1 cup of long grain jasmine rice with 6 cups of chicken stock along with a one inch knob of ginger, finely chopped, and 1 clove of garlic finely chopped. Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. Quick release the pressure, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a pan with vegetable oil, fry up one shallot that is finely chopped and one clove of finely chopped garlic and let drain on paper towels.
- In the same pan, fry up some shiitake mushrooms and set aside.
- Fry up 3 slices of bacon and set aside. In the same pan, fry 2 sunny side up eggs.
- Add the rice cooked in chicken stock to a bowl and use the bacon and eggs to make a face on top of the rice. Use the shiitake mushrooms for the eyebrows, black sesame seeds for the pupils, the fried garlic and shallots for the hair, the chopped green onion for the beard, some slices of ginger for the ears, a fried piece of garlic for the nose, and sriracha for the acne. (Be creative and use whatever you’d like to make the face!)
- Serve and enjoy!