Ned Flanders might be an uncomfortable source of familial affection and exaggerated Judeo-Christian values, but he's also the source of some damned fine-looking hot cocoa. In the silver-screen adaptation of America's longest-running-animated-adult-comedy-cartoon-family, Flanders continues his assault on the Simpson's way of life with a steaming mug of human kindness and empathy.
- whole milk
- Heavy cream
- Evaporated milk
- (Optional) Sweet and condensed milk if you want an ultra-creamy hot chocolate
- ½ cup of Ghirardelli cocoa powder
- ½ cup of 70% dark baking chocolate
- ½ cup of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Small pinch of ground cinnamon
- (Optional) 1 teaspoon of instant coffee
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate shavings
- 1 small graham cracker
- 1 marshmallow
- Add your 2 parts whole milk, 1-part heavy cream, and 1- part of
- Heat milk on warm and whisk while heating. Heat to steaming hot but
not boiling. (around 190 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Add ½ cup of Ghirardelli cocoa powder to milk. Add your ½ cup of 70%
dark baking chocolate and whisk together.
- Add ½ cup of sugar and continue to whisk until everything is mixed in completely.
- Add 1 pinch of salt and a small pinch of ground cinnamon. Add instant coffee if you would like. Whisk to mix in all ingredients.
- Pour hot chocolate into a cup and cover in whipped cream.
- Shave chocolate overtop of the whipped cream.
- Add graham cracker to the top of the whipped cream and coat top with whipped cream.
- Stick marshmallow on top of graham cracker. Then toast marshmallow to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy!