Ned Flanders might be an uncomfortable source of familial affection and exaggerated Judeo-Christian values, but he's also the source of some damned fine-looking hot cocoa. In the silver-screen adaptation of America's longest-running-animated-adult-comedy-cartoon-family, Flanders continues his assault on the Simpson's way of life with a steaming mug of human kindness and empathy.
- Whole milk
- Heavy cream
- Evaporated milk
- Sweetened condensed milk (optional - if you want an ultra-creamy hot chocolate)
- ½ cup of Ghirardelli cocoa powder
- ½ cup of 70% dark baking chocolate
- ½ cup of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Small pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp of instant coffee (optional)
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate shavings
- 1 small graham cracker
- 1 marshmallow
- Add your 2 parts whole milk, 1 part heavy cream, and 1 part of
evaporated milk to a saucepan.
- Heat milk and whisk while heating. Heat to steaming hot but not boiling - around 190° F.
- Add ½ cup of Ghirardelli cocoa powder to milk. Then add ½ cup of 70%
dark baking chocolate and whisk together.
- Add ½ cup of sugar and continue to whisk until everything is mixed in completely.
- Add 1 pinch of salt and a small pinch of ground cinnamon. Add instant coffee if you would like. Whisk to combine all ingredients.
- Pour hot chocolate into a cup and cover with whipped cream.
- Shave chocolate on top of the whipped cream.
- Add graham cracker to the top of the whipped cream and coat top with whipped cream.
- Stick marshmallow on top of graham cracker. Then toast marshmallow to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy!